If you’re considering becoming a new patient at The Gentle Touch, you’ve come to the right place!
The first step is to have a quick chat with us, either in person or on the phone. We’ll then make a new patient examination appointment for you with one of our dentists. Please get in touch if you’d like to become a patient at our practice.
The first step
Our friendly and welcoming practice provides excellent dental care in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Our members are cared for by a fantastic, highly-trained team.
The first step is to have a chat with our Smile Advisor, Beth. She can either call, or you can make an appointment to meet her. This way, we can get to know you better and she can arrange a new patient assessment with the best dentist to suit your needs. There is no charge for this initial chat.
The fee for a new patient assessment with a dentist is £145 – details below of what’s included! The dentist you meet will be responsible for your ongoing care and will recommend the best membership care plan for you.
New patient assessment
During your new patient assessment, we are keen to understand if you have any concerns, no matter how small. After listening to your queries, problems and aspirations, your dentist will then carry out a comprehensive oral health exam that will take approximately 45 minutes.
Your new patient assessment includes the following:
- Thorough examination of all your soft tissues (inc. oral cancer screening)
- Obtaining accurate computer records of your teeth and any existing dentistry, including a 3D scan of your mouth
- Assessing the integrity of any existing fillings and restorations
- Radiographs (x-rays) may also be required to confirm your teeth and gums are healthy from this perspective
- Screen, classify and risk assess your gum health
- Once your dental risk has been assessed, we can then recommend the most appropriate care plan for you
- Where needed, provide any recommendations for treatment to restore your mouth to its healthiest possible condition.
Getting the right advice
During your new patient assessment, your dentist will explain their findings to you. We will then invite you to join the practice so you can start benefitting from the care plans as a member straight away. If we have any recommendations for treatment at this stage, we will discuss the potential fees and give you a printed estimate. If you need more clarification on treatment please ask your dentist.
As part of your new patient membership, you can access check-ups, hygiene appointments, general dentistry and cosmetic dental treatments including teeth whitening, teeth straightening and dental implants. You can discuss all of our dental services at your first appointment.
If you have questions about becoming a new patient, and about our membership, please don’t hesitate to give us a ring. You can also check-out our frequently asked questions.