New patient health assessment
On your first dental visit (after we get to know you a little better), we are keen to understand if you have any concerns, no matter how small. After listening to your queries, problems and aspirations, we then carry out a comprehensive health assessment that will take approximately 30 minutes.
Your first dental health assessment includes the following:
- Thorough examination of all your soft tissues (inc. oral cancer screening)
- Obtaining accurate computer records of your teeth and any existing dentistry
- Assessing the integrity of any existing fillings and restorations
- Radiographs (x-rays) may also be required to confirm your teeth and gums are healthy from this perspective
- Assess your occlusion (bite)
- Screen, classify and risk assess your gum health
- Once your dental risk has been assessed, we can then recommend the most appropriate care plan for you
- arrange your first hygiene appointment
Unless you have a problem, which requires immediate attention, no treatment is normally provided at this initial appointment.
Getting the right advice
Following this assessment, your dentist will explain their findings to you as well as any recommendations for treatment to restore your mouth to its healthiest possible condition. We always discuss the fees for any proposed treatment options and give you a printed estimate. If you need more clarification on treatment please ask your dentist.