New patient examination
During your new patient examination, we are keen to understand if you have any concerns, no matter how small. After listening to your queries, problems and aspirations, our dental therapist will then carry out a comprehensive oral health exam as well as a hygiene treatment that will take approximately 45 minutes.
Your new patient examination includes the following:
- Thorough examination of all your soft tissues (inc. oral cancer screening)
- Obtaining accurate computer records of your teeth and any existing dentistry
- Assessing the integrity of any existing fillings and restorations
- Radiographs (x-rays) may also be required to confirm your teeth and gums are healthy from this perspective
- Screen, classify and risk assess your gum health
- Once your dental risk has been assessed, we can then recommend the most appropriate dentist and care plan for you
- Conduct your first hygiene appointment there and then!
Getting the right advice
Following this examination, our dental therapist, Michelle, will explain her findings to you and select a dentist to suit your needs. We will then invite you to join the practice so you can start benefitting from the care plans as a member straight away. At your first appointment with your new dentist, where needed, we will provide any recommendations for treatment to restore your mouth to its healthiest possible condition. We always discuss the fees for any proposed treatment options and give you a printed estimate. If you need more clarification on treatment please ask your dentist.