For patients who are not registered as members of the Gentle Touch, we offer one-off appointments with our dentists, smile advisors, hygienists and dental therapists. Non-members can access dental treatments and repairs, including for badly damaged teeth, emergency dentistry, cosmetic treatments, second opinions (e.g. on a tooth extraction), Airflow (the ultimate oral clean hygiene treatment), oral cancer screening, sports mouthguards/gum guards and more.
Dental MOT – the Ultimate Check-Up – £145
- Do you have concerns about your teeth that you’d like a dentist to look over?
- Have you been struggling to find a dentist to give you a check-up?
- Do you feel you need a thorough “once-over” of your teeth and mouth?
Our Dental MOT is bookable online and available to those who are not a member of our practice.
We also offer a non-member consultation free of charge with one of our Smile Advisors. This one-off appointment includes a discussion about treatment options and fees. After this consultation, if you would like to proceed, we will organise for you to have an appointment with one of our dentists.
Treatment consultation with Smile Advisor – Free of Charge
- Are you needing dental treatment but have a long wait for an appointment?
- Do you have a badly damaged tooth that you would like to save/ protect?
- Have you been advised that you need a tooth extracted but would like a second opinion?
We offer a non-member consultation free of charge with one of our Smile Advisors. This one-off appointment includes a discussion about treatment options and fees. After this consultation, if you would like to proceed, we will organise for you to have an appointment with one of our dentists.
Airflow appointment – the Ultimate Clean – £111.25 (non-member)
- Do you need a hygienist appointment?
- Do you have a special occasion soon and would like an Airflow treatment for the ultimate clean?
- If you haven’t been able to access a dentist for over a year, would you like your mouth checked for Oral Cancer and have a full mouth teeth clean?
We offer a private non-member hygiene appointment utilising the very best equipment for £111.25
If you are looking for an appointment quickly, you may like to join our rescheduled appointments waiting list.
Emergency dentist – £175.00 (non-member)
- Do you need to see a dentist urgently?
We offer emergency dentist appointments to non-members subject to availability. If we can’t fit you in on the day, we can add you to our emergency waiting list for an appointment.
The emergency dentist appointment includes a discussion and full assessment of your problem tooth/teeth, x-rays (if required), treatment options, and an estimate of any fees. Any treatment carried out will be charged in addition to the appointment fee. Our emergency dentist appointments include sufficient time for emergency relief of pain if required.
Mouthguard (age 13+) – £98.75 (non-member)
- Do need a mouthguard for participation in sports?
If you play sports such as hockey and rugby, you will need a comfortable, well-fitting and effective mouthguard. In just 1 appointment we are able to take an impression your teeth and get your mouthguard made. We offer a choice of colours – customise for your preferences or match with your team’s strip.
Not a member? Not a problem!
Services & treatments for non-members
About the Gentle Touch dental practice
The Gentle Touch dental practice is located in the beautiful market town of Kelso in the Scottish Borders. We provide preventive and holistic dentistry in a patient-centred, gentle and caring way.
The Gentle Touch is a friendly, professional and modern practice, offering private membership options for adults and NHS registration for their children. For non-members, we also offer a range of appointments and services.
We have a fantastic team of dentists, specialists, dental therapists, dental hygienists, dental nurses and support team.